Sunday, December 2, 2007

In Memory, On Mind


One thing that I've devoted to on this blog, is a reminder to all of us who serve and the sacrifices we make daily. It would be impossible for me to honor every fallen firefighter individually, so don't take my selectivity to heart. Every fallen comrade means there has been pain and suffering; not to mention the sorrow I personally feel. Our business is certainly an odd one, because the brotherhood we have is dense and is overwhelming. Do you think (for example) a stock broker from New York would care about a fallen stock broker in Seattle? Or a hotel managers? Or whatever? More than likely, I'd have to guess no. Public safety, especially firefighting, I feel there is an unwritten bond. Of course when it happens to a close friend, it's a tough time no doubt.
Worcester, MA-December 3, 1999...6 members did not go home to their loved ones and paid the ultimate sacrifice. Known as the W6, these heroes passed in the line of duty while at a warehouse fire. Paul A Brotherton, Timothy P. Jackson, Jeremiah M. Lucey, James F. “Jay” Lyons III, Joseph T. McGuirk and Lt. Thomas E. Spencer...your bravery will never be forgotten about, certainly not in my eyes and heart. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your families. Thank you for your service, gentlemen.

No comments: