Sunday, December 23, 2007

Been a while!

So, it's been a while since I last entered a post, missing a few opportunities to post. To start off, earlier this month, we had our elections at the volunteer department, and I missed LT. by a few votes...once again. No big deal either, since I'm not 100% sure about sticking around the department for various reasons. Nothing bad, just might be moving out of the area. Now that I have my "anchor" set and I know I'll be around for a while, it's time to look for a house. Anyhow, moving along...I had my first official HAZMAT response the other day. It came in as a diesel leak from an unknown source and that's about all the info we got. It turns out it was from an underground tank in a trailer park. By the looks (and smell) of things, it had been going on for a few days cause it was all through the neighboring mobile homes' soil underneath, and made its way all the way down to the stream about a quarter of a mile away from the source. All the diesel was pumped out, then filled with water (to my understanding). Anyhow, all was good and the response was only about 5 or 6 hours long. Not bad for a HAZMAT. The only thing I really did was throw absorbent pads down at the site of leak and all the way down to the stream. Not much else to really do, but I would surely hate to be the owner of that trailer park...a very costly clean up bill as far as I can see! Well, that's about all for now. Until the next tone!!!

1 comment:

Rebecca Foster said...

Congrats on your first Hazmat call! Interesting post.