Friday, November 23, 2007

Long time awaiting!

Finally, patience has paid off. Just when I thought there was no hope in sight, things finally took for the turn. Was it my new suit? Who knows... Was it my last stab at despiration? Doubt it. Was it my "I'm real relaxed and expect nothing out of it" approach? Perhaps. Was it my unknown source of confidence. Absolutely! A full time, permanent Firefighter position was offered to me this past Wednesday, not once...but twice! Well, technically the first one was a Fire Inspector, but same difference. One of course paid more than the other, but that would mean I would have to pack up the whole family and move into an unknown area...foreign to us all. Or should I just pick the lesser paying (but still nothing to turn your head at) job that is local, very local infact. I picked the local one as any other person would probably do. I know the area, I'm involved with various organizations, family (on both sides), and we know the housing market as well as the schools. So, the decision was quite easy, yet at the same time real tough. Lets just hope I made the right one. But I will say one thing for sure...it sure felt nice to have the "ball in my court" for a change! I also must say in 2 days, I did my 2 best interviews ever, and it obviously showed. Now comes the fun part...house hunting! =/

2 comments:

The Original MAJ said...

Thanks for the update, hope you had a great turkey day!

wartimefirefighter said...

stop killing yourself.. glad to hear ya got the local job.. Perhaps a move is what i need... lol..maybe i'll go talk to a few people...

-Damien