Wednesday, February 20, 2008

RIP my friend


I wanted to post a special recognition to someone who really meant alot to me. He was a close friend that I was stationed with twice...once in Prince Sultan, Saudi Arabia, and for a year in Clear, AK. He was probably one of the most influential persons in my career, and I wanted to pay the proper respect to him and his family.

I can't believe it's been 3 years already since the passing of a true American Hero. My close friend, my brother in firefighting was taken away from us February 13th, 2005 in a heroic rescue attempt on an overturned Humvee that was in a canal in Iraq.. He is still sadly missed, and will never be forgotten. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Ray, may you rest in peace and know that you're dearly missed by many. Your legacy will continue in my life, as I'm sure it will in many others. Peace be with you, my brother...you are gone, but will NEVER be forgotten.

1 comment:

wartimefirefighter said...

RIP Brother... I remember reading about the incident.. He'd given is life for a couple guys he never knew.. that is what this job is.. risking your own to save another.